A trip to India was always high on my bucket list. It was last December that I finally got to visit the country.If you are also planning a trip to India, here are a few useful tips that might help you make the most of your stay.
Tips for India Vacation
- Read as much as you can about India and its culture so that you are able to enjoy its diversity to the fullest.
- It is recommended to make all hotel and flight bookings in advance to avoid last minute hassles.
- Create a list of places you want to visit and things you want to do. This will help you save time and cover everything.
- Try and learn the local language. It will help you break the ice and connect with the locals. I would recommend you to learn Hindi because it is the most widely spoken language in the country.
I am an American who knew nothing about Hindi. But I wanted to visit India in order to experience its beauty and cultural heritage. So I decided to learn Hindi because there is no better way to experience a country than learning its language.
Language App- A Must-have Travel App
Before I left for India, one of my friends suggested me to try using a language app. She asked me to install the Hindi language app by AlterGyan and trust me, it was the best piece of travel advice I ever got.
The app helped me immensely because while touring India, I could make the locals understand what I was looking for. I could communicate with them beyond a ‘Namaste’ (Hello) or ‘Dhanyawaad’ (Thank You).
Language Learning Tips:
- If you know the language of a foreign country you are travelling to, it will instantly make you feel safe and comfortable.
- You don’t have to learn the basics and the grammar. Learning few common phrases and terms can also do the trick.
- AlterGyan Hindi language app gave me access to more than 1200 phrases and words in Hindi that helped me tremendously. Each phrase was voiced out by a native speaker so even if I wasn’t able to pronounce them at times, I used to make the locals hear the phrase and get things done.
- Use an offline app because it will help you learn phrases and words on the go without internet connection.