With plenty of pristine beaches, excellent food and abundance of culture, Spain is an excellent choice for a fun filled holiday. Whether you are planning a vacation with your girlfriends or your family, it is one of the most ideal holiday destinations in the world.
Here are top 3 reasons why a holiday in Spain should be on your bucket list:
1. Beaches, Mountains and Islands
- Spain has some of the most spectacular Atlantic beaches and Mediterranean coves that are famous across Europe. If sun bathing on golden sand is your thing, then you must come to Spain.
- There are many beautiful beaches along the Mediterranean coast that looks nothing short of paradise. You can head to the Balearic Islands for beaches hidden between pine forests.
- The country has many islands where you can relax and party. Don’t forget to check out Ibiza and Tenerife for some amazing holiday fun.
- Did you know that after Switzerland, Spain is the most mountainous country in Europe? If you love mountains, you can visit Picos de Europa National Park for hiking, camping or take a thrilling cable car ride.
2. Food and Wine
- Spain is heaven for food lovers. From paella and gazpacho to the fried fish of Malaga and cochinillo of Madrid, you will surely love Spanish cuisine. Don’t forget to visit CasaBotin which is the oldest continuously-running restaurant in the world (since 1725).
- It is a Spanish tradition to serve something tasty (Tapas) with drinks. So be prepared to sample some of the most mouth-watering tapas while bar-hopping on your Spanish holiday.
- How about chicken grilled on an active volcano? For some adventure, head to the volcanic island of Lanzarote where you can not only hike the volcano but also enjoy chicken and seafood cooked over an open volcanic vent.
- Besides seafood, ham and cheese, you should also try Spanish wine because Spain is world famous for its top quality wine.
3. Culture, Festivals and Architecture
- Spain is rich in culture. There are various historical monuments that are worth a visit. From the Temple of Debod, spectacular cathedrals and 1000 year-old mosques to the Roman ruins in ancient Hispania and Moorish palaces like the Alhambra in Granada, there is a lot to see in Spain.
- You can be a part of festivals like the Benicassin which is attended by music fans from across the globe.
- Tomatina is an annual favorite and so is the Pamplona’s Running of the Bulls.
- Most villages in Spain have their own fiestas. Also, don’t forget to enjoy Flamenco dance performances that are a recognized feature of the Spanish culture.
Overcoming Language Barriers in Spain
If you don’t speak or understand Spanish language, there is nothing to worry. You can install the Learn Spanish Quickly app by AlterGyan to communicate with ease. Voiced out by a native speaker, this offline language app has 1200+ commonly used Spanish words and phrases that you can learn on-the-go. It will help you make your Spain travel memorable and hassle-free.